Last Updated: November 17, 2023
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, contact customer service, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your social handles, age, gender; and
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as product reviews, responses to surveys or quizzes or to receive customer support.
Information about your use of our Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or express interest in.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, including:
- Other users, such as through a refer-a-friend program or e-gift card offerings. If you choose to participate in our refer-a-friend program or purchase an e-gift card for someone else, we will collect information about your friend (such as a name and email address) in order to invite your friend to shop with us or send them their e-gift card.
- Third-party social media services. When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information about you from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name and email address.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, such as advertising networks, media monitoring companies, and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Information we collect by automated means
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened);
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites). We may associate this information with your Avoli account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Avoli.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products and Services you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you (such as on our digital properties), and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and manage your online accounts and profiles;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and use as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews, to engage with other customers, and to post on social media; Offer contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs or other promotions;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, purchasing history and browsing behavior;
- Monitor, audit and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Carry out short-term activities and other internal uses related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
- Conduct internal research and development; Detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents and protect against illegal or objectionable activities, including the unauthorized use of the Services, and protect the rights and property of Avoli and others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services; Comply with our legal obligations, including those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and Conduct or administer surveys and other market research.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
We may disclose certain of your personal data to Avoli affiliates and personnel who need to know the information for the purposes described above, including personnel in the customer service and information technology departments.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third party service providers acting on Avoli’s behalf to perform some of the services described above. For example, we share certain information with service providers who assist with the processing of credit cards and payments, hosting, managing and servicing our data, fulfillment of orders, distributing emails, conducting research and analysis, advertising, analytics, or administering certain services and features. We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers who we require to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and, as appropriate, in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Policy and applicable law.
Other Third Parties
In certain limited circumstances, we share and/or are obligated to share your personal data with other third parties, including (a) to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of Avoli, our customers and the public, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the health or safety or any person or of our systems or services; (b) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, assets or stock by another company (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and/or (c) with your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or post other user content, that content may be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post. In certain instances, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deactivating your Avoli account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile, contact, payment and shipping information, at any time by logging into your Avoli account. You may also deactivate your Avoli account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Web Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your browser.
Our Services are not designed for children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us
Avoli is headquartered in the United States, and we engage with third party service providers that have operations and entities in the United States and other countries. As such, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions outside of the United States. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal data. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The CCPA requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers; commercial information; demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law); internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information; inferences; and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect” above. We collect personal data for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Data||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, market research platform, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other users, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, technical maintenance and system security providers Commercial Information Data analytics providers, advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners, cloud service provider|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications under state or federal law, such as age||Advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, other users, customer feedback platforms|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners, technical maintenance and system security providers|
|Geolocation data||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information||Customer support partners, market research platform, facility security partners|
|Inferences||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers|
Avoli does not sell your personal data. We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal data used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section above.
Subject to certain limitations, California consumers have the right to (1) request to know more about the specific pieces and categories of personal data we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of their personal data, and (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal data that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make a request to know more about or delete your personal data by emailing email@example.com. We will verify your request by contacting you after receiving your request to verify your identity. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal data from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions, and you have the ability to opt-out of the incentive by contacting us. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal data is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. We do not share your personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
1) When opted-in, you will receive text messages (SMS/MMS) to your mobile number. These kinds of messages may include offers, coupons, or other information.
2) You can opt-out of this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the phone number. After you text “STOP” to us, we may send you an SMS reply to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time or text “START” or “JOIN” and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
3) If you are experiencing any issues, you can reply with the keyword “HELP”. Or, you can get help directly from us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Carriers, such as AT&T, are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
5) Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You should expect to receive 3-4 messages per month from us.
6) If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, please contact your wireless provider.
Avoli, 239 NW 13th Ave, Suite #307, Portland, Oregon 97209.